The Forum will encourage thought provoking discussions through active engagement and solicit outcome based recommendations. The Forum focus will include, but is not limited to, the following questions:
PANEL 1: Assurance
- What is the impact of worldwide regional differences as it relates to governmental regulations?
- What would be the benefits of a global harmonization?
- How do we deal with regional and cultural differences?
- What are the requirements to assure a safe and efficient industry?
PANEL 2: Innovation
- How can we boost innovation power?
- Is standardization blocking innovation?
- Evolution or revolution? Pros and cons of the two fundamental innovation philosophies.
- Learning by doing? Do we have a culture of learning from experience?
- Is innovation an obligation of institutions or individual companies?
PANEL 3: Safety
- What is the future role and approach of safety management?
- How to exceed requirements imposed by governmental regulations?
- Long term investment versus short term profit to assure a sustainable safety culture?