A central data warehouse is an indispensable pre-condition for interoperable applications making use of vast amounts of information. However, since interaction between the various system components depends on standardized and referenced data, a system is required for integrating information from multiple sources into a single reference system : this is the function of the Data Alignment Manager application.
A common reference system (spatial and / or linear) is fundamental to the dentification of failure root causes, as such identification relies on combined analysis of different sets of data.
Data Alignment Manager acts as a master application interconnecting all data from a variety of sources such as standardized data models (e.g. Pipeline Open Data Standard) and in-line inspection data, thereby not only enabling for further meaningful comparison but also for dependable feature analysis via a detailed weld-to-weld alignment.
With the Data Alignment Manager users can:
- Integrate data from different sources into a common reference system (e.g. GPS coordinates, odometer or surface references)
- Align using tables or, if they wish to find patterns visually, by graphical methods
- Conduct reverse alignment and use semi-automatic point searching to speed up the process.
- Align all data to a common centerline route. This enables comparison of inspection results (e.g. CP data vs. Inline inspection (ILI) data), and alignment of data to a single ILI run.
- Perform weld-to-weld alignment as the basis for an ILI vs. ILI comparison and potentially calculate corrosion growth rates