- Prevents contamination of the pipe interior from environmental influences such as dirt, dust, water, snow, animals, etc.
- The membrane is tightened from the outside and allows condensate vapor ventilation from the inside of pipe
- High performance polyurethane guarantees sealing and mechanical performance over a wide temperature range including sub-zero temperatures
- Ease of installation and removal by a single person
- Significant cost savings due to multiple reusability
- Performance - including protection of the outer cut-back and the bevel ends if required
- Can be used in combination with our optional intelligent solutions, allowing, for example, pipe identification without removing the cap
Based on challenging pipe cleanliness requirements, and in an effort to minimize costs for preparation and laying of pipes, ROSEN developed a new pipe cap generation in accordance to our client’s requirements. Based on high mechanical load during the handling process, requirements for cleanliness of pipes, and in adaption to our field experience, the resulting design was a cap combining high performance polyurethane material with a highly resistant and breathable multilayer-membrane. The performance of the cap reduces corrosion to a minimum level without any need for extra equipment, like silica bags, which also frequently have to be changed due to a limited useful lifetime. Moreover, field experience shows excellent mechanical and dynamic (sealing) performance as demonstrated by lifting pipes up to 29 tons at a temperature range from -30°C to +40°C at the yards. In addition to this performance, when combined with weathering material types, the caps can be used multiple times over a period of several years.
ROSEN offers standard and customized solutions for a wide range of engineering industries such as the oil & gas, mining aerospace, marine and the railway. This includes also the development and formulation of our own high performance elastomers with outstanding mechanical and dynamic properties. We are currently operating one of the most modern and biggest hot cast fabrications worldwide.
This considerable background allows us to execute the total development: from the initial idea to the final product. Combined with our expertise in: engineering of electronics, mechanics, sensor technologies, networks, software and others, we are able to extend the scope to find the right solution for your specific application.