Cleaning is a vital aspect of the integrity management of pipeline networks and is necessary at every stage throughout the lifecycle of any pipeline. Failure to clean your pipeline at regular intervals leads to reduced efficiency and may result in damages that impact its lifecycle. The ROSEN Group offers a broad spectrum of pipeline cleaning solutions built on more than three decades of experience – experience gained working together with our customers on countless pipeline projects.
Continuous development and innovation ensure that our cleaning solutions are backed by robust service products and experienced service personnel, providing tangible added value for our customers. We recognize that each pipeline is unique and that cleaning needs vary depending its operational purpose and lifecycle stage.
Efficient pipeline operation is dependent on two fundamental aspects:
1) continuous transportation of the medium and 2) maintenance of the internal diameter to ensure optimal flow of the medium. There are several factors that can seriously impact the efficiency of a pipeline, including:
- Buildup of deposits in the line which can cause damage by abrasion or encourage corrosion under deposits
- Product contamination
- Dirty pipeline surfaces prohibit corrosion inhibitors from being applied consistently
- System contamination can complicate the preparatory work necessary to ensure high quality data from an inline inspection (ILI)
Failing to clean your pipeline can dramatically affect the efficiency, safety, and reliability of the entire network. Foreign matter and buildup can damage the integrity of a pipeline, encourage the formation of corrosion and pipe thinning, and will almost certainly reduce throughput.
The Clean Effect
The ROSEN Group has provided reliable cleaning solutions to pipeline operators throughout the world for more than 30 years. Partnering with ROSEN and working closely with our experienced personnel to execute successful cleaning programs will help you achieve your objectives by:
- Maximizing pipeline uptime and sustaining or even increasing product throughput
- Extending asset lifespan
- Optimizing maintenance processes
- Saving costs by reducing inefficiencies
- Ensuring the success of future ILI inspections
Implementing an adequate cleaning program translates into cost optimization, thus enabling you to retain control of your maintenance budget. This is one of the ways we create ultimate value for our customers, and another reason why ROSEN is the most reliable, competitive and flexible solutions provider – a partner you can trust.
When to Clean
The cleaning requirements for a pipeline during its life cycle are many and varied, depending on what stage in the life cycle it is in. The stages include:
- Pre-Commission Cleaning: After construction and prior to commissioning of the new pipeline
- Commissioning Cleaning & Service Preparation: Dewatering, drying, and conditioning
- Operational Cleaning
- Change of Service Cleaning & Preparation
- Cleaning prior to the Cessation of Production (COP)
- Decommissioning Cleaning prior to Abandonment, Recovery and/or Recycling
During any of these stages debris can deposit & collect within the line, if this material is not removed it can not only effect the efficiency of the line but perhaps even contaminate product or hinder corrosion inhibitors from performing properly.
Contaminants can vary from wax, scale, corrosion products, hydrates, emulsions, produced sands, and even water. The best time therefor to clean a pipeline is often and regularly. Applying a consistent routine maintenance program can significantly increase the efficiency and operational life of entire pipeline network.