- Accurate, robust, reliable.
- Inspection results provide additional data for “cycles to failure” assessment.
- Improved operating efficiency with scheduled maintenance and failure avoidance.
- Reliable detection of metal loss, butt welds, wall thickness determination and ovality measurement.
- Monitors distance/depth position of tubing.
- Designed for hazardous environments, including ATEX zone I for on- and offshore.
ROSEN’s ACIM is a sophisticated tool designed to identify critical defects before failure with a high probability of detection. It monitors the tubing condition in real time and provides a clear, unambiguous and comprehensive analysis of the inspection data in an easy-to-read report. Corrective actions can then be scheduled, thus increasing operational efficiency.
The resultant inspection data can be used to inform risk-based integrity decisions and more realistic remaining life assessments. It can also be integrated with other data sources.
ACIM is based on Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL) technology, a nondestructive testing method that can detect metal loss in coiled tubing. The wall of the tube is magnetized and the magnetic field leaks from areas where there is metal loss. This leakage field is then detected and assessed in real time.
The ACIM inspection unit contains:
- A circumferential array of up to 54 integrated magnetic flux sensing hall elements
- 12 GEO sensors for measuring tube geometry (ovality)
- An odometer for logging the position of detected features.