- Holistic information on pipeline material properties, reducing uncertainty, and thus reducing risk
- Identification of 'rogue' pipe joints
- Clear identification of separate populations of line pipe, minimizing field verification requirements
- Compliance with regulatiory requirements to collect and integrate all relevant data
- Support of the process of MAOP validation by ECA as defined in the 2016 US DOT Notice of Proposed Rulemaking.
- Aligned with industry and ROSEN in-house line pipe materials databases
ROSEN’s Material Property Verification closes the gap on unknown material information and provides a detailed picture of the pipeline’s DNA. Integrating data from existing records, past in-line inspections, novel RoMat PGS in-line inspection technology, and field verification provides a holistic view and ensures that records are reliable, traceable, verifiable, and above all complete.
The service includes the review and alignment of existing information, including as-built drawings, pipe books, mill certificates, hydro test pressure records, etc. These are digitized and incorporated into a structured format for a pre-existing or new GIS/IMS database. Furthermore, existing pipeline inspection data is incorporated, giving information on wall thickness changes, joint lengths, location, etc. Finally, ROSEN’s unique, recently-developed Pipe Grade Sensors provide an estimation of the yield strength and tensile strength of every pipe spool, supported and validated by a few carefully selected field verifications based on mobile hardness, steel composition and ball indentation technologies.