- Safety and environmental stewardship
- Ensured production performance
- Accurate forecasting and optimization of budgets
- Reduction of working capital
- Guaranteed product quality
Asset management helps to ensure the performance of a facility by making sure it is:
- Designed correctly
- Constructed to the right quality
- Operated effectively
- Maintained efficiently
A robust asset management strategy relies on your organization, your systems, and the technology all working together to ensure safe and reliable operation of your assets. Our services follow recognized and proven methodologies to help you develop a robust strategy. For individual challenges, we will work with you to create a solution that fits your needs. A consultation with one of our expert engineers is the first step in developing your solution.
ROSEN can support the entire asset lifecycle, from the early phases through to the end of operational life.
ROSEN provides a range of services that support asset integrity decisions at an early stage. This includes decision support during front-end engineering design, development of early life maintenance strategies, and defect management during construction and commissioning. Standard tools and methodologies we use include:
- HAZID/HAZOP studies
- Consequence analysis
- Quantified Risk Assessment (QRA)
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Assessment
- Bowtie Analysis
- Reliability, Availability & Maintainability (RAM) Simulation
- Design Failure Mode, Effects & Criticality Analysis (D-FMECA)
- Life cycle costing
- Equipment/System Criticality Assessment (CA)
- Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Risk-Based Inspection (RBI)
- Construction Failure Mode, Effects & Criticality Analysis (C-FMECA)
Run & Maintain
For established facilities, ROSEN also provides process safety management, RAM simulations, CA, RCM and RBI services to address risks and assure performance. In addition, the following standard tools and methodologies are offered as they are appropriate to operational facilities:
- Process Hazard Review (PHR)
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Asset Life Planning (ALP)
- Preventive Maintenance Optimization (PMO)
Furthermore, ROSEN provides bespoke services tailored to address specific challenges. This might include spares management, turnaround/shutdown risk mitigation, and underpinning practices such as computerized maintenance management systems, policies, and procedures. We can provide training to enable your own engineers to utilize these techniques, or we can offer a contracted service, bringing our expertise to your business.
For those interested in developing a comprehensive asset management strategy, such as an ISO 55000 compliant asset management system, these techniques can be linked together to form your strategic asset management plan. Drawing on our expertise in developing asset management systems for major pipeline operators, we can help you to identify and implement the optimum asset management system for your unique circumstances.
As assets approach the end of their original design life, decisions need to be made as to whether they should be retired or can continue operation, essentially extending their life. Services available to support such decisions include:
- Integrity review against safe operating limits
- Remaining asset life assessment
- Deteriorating asset strategies
ROSEN understands the challenges that operating companies face, and the belief that every plant, system or piece of equipment will perform perfectly for life once designed and installed.
Our engineers have experience in through-life facility management and the various problems that decisions at each stage can create.
Our aim is to steer decisions toward the optimum outcome using established methodologies combined with our engineering expertise.