Intelligent Plastic Solutions Facility in Calgary
As a leading global technology provider for the oil and gas industry, we made the decision to enhance our investment in Intelligent Plastic Solutions, by building a new purpose-built production facility in Alberta, Canada.
Calgary was chosen for the new Intelligent Plastics Solutions facility because it is the center of oil and gas in Western Canada. It is in close proximity to most of the country’s major producers, to the Fort McMurray and Saskatchewan Oil Sands.
Building a facility to service Canada significantly reduces shipping costs for our Canadian Customers as pipe no longer has to be sent to out of country to be coated.
New Production Plant in Calgary, Canada
ROSEN's new Intelligent Plastics Facility in Calgary, Alberta is the first of its kind facility, that is capable of producing coated pipe from 16-48” in diameter, and up to 60 ft. long. The manufacturing plant is situated in a 67,000 sq. ft. facility with 5 acres of yard space.
RoCoat™ pipe coating will be applied to pipe to combat wear caused by internal erosion - corrosion processes found in Oil Sands. The facility will also manufacture solutions for the pipeline, petrochemical, mining, and other industries in Canada, the United States and South America.
Serious advantages can be taken into consideration:
- Proximity to customers, much shorter lead times, lower cost
- Pipe diameters from 16“ to 48“; lengths from 3 m to 18.5 m
- Service, engineering, and technical support in Alberta
- Training and support for welders and pipe laying contractors
- Most operator approved steel pipe and accessory suppliers are locally available
- Creation of employment opportunity in Alberta where ROSEN has an established work force of more than 220 employees.