ROSEN Group unveils its new premium in-line corrosion detection service - RoCorr MFL-A Ultra.
Calgary, AB, Canada, September, 2016 – At this year’s International Pipeline Conference and Exhibition (IPC/IPE), the ROSEN Group, headquartered in Stans, Switzerland, will unveil its new premium in-line corrosion detection service. RoCorr MFL-A Ultra is based on ultra-high-definition axial magnetic flux leakage (MFL-A) technology, and will enable the detection and reliable sizing of both minuscule pipe defects and complex defect groups.
Unlike current MFL in-line inspection services, RoCorr MFL-A Ultra detects even the smallest defects in the pipe wall, such as pinholes of one millimeter (0.04 inches) and less in diameter. Furthermore, it defines the exact structure of defect groups and complex corrosion like preferential girth weld corrosion, top-of-the-line corrosion (TOLC), pinholes in general corrosion, pinhole colonies, and microbially-induced corrosion (MIC).
This is made possible through the combination of two highly innovative technologies:
- Pipeline Imaging™, a fully triaxial design of ultra-high-definition 3D MFL sensors, delivering the highest in-line inspection resolution available on the market, and
- AutoData™, machine-learning, adaptive algorithms calibrated using high-resolution 3D laser scans of real pipe defects.
While Pipeline Imaging™ provides lifelike pictures of a pipe wall’s structure similar to images known from MRI (Magnetic Resonance Image) scans of the human body, AutoData™ automatically processes large amounts of data within seconds, thereby increasing the accuracy and repeatability of results significantly.
The RoCorr MFL-A Ultra service provides a comprehensive and accurate understanding of a pipeline’s structure. This allows for less conservative integrity assessments that minimize field verification expense and optimize an assets performance.
The ROSEN Group will be exhibiting at booth 512.
About the ROSEN Group
ROSEN is a leading privately owned company established in 1981 by Hermann Rosen in Lingen, Lower Saxony, Germany. Over the last thirty-five years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide provider of leading technology in all areas of the integrity process chain with more than 2,800 employees in over 120 countries worldwide.
The four key ROSEN areas of expertise include:
- Inspection of critical industrial assets to ensure reliable operations of the highest standards and effectiveness
- Customized engineering consultancy providing efficient asset integrity management
- Production and supply of customized novel systems and products
- Market-driven, topical, state-of-the-art research and development providing “added value” products and services
For more information please visit our website at: www.rosen-group.com