Mohammed Jaarah, GVP ROSEN Middle East, introducing the company's latest technologies and solutions to his Excellency Shaikh Ahmed Bin Mohamed Al Khalifa, and to Mr. Mohammed
Al-Omair, VP Saudi Aramco,
Mr. Abdulrahman F. Al-Wuhaib, S.VP Saudi Aramco, and
Mr. Abdulhakim Al-Gouhi, G.M Pipeline Saudi Aramco.
The 2nd International Conference and Exhibition on Best Practices in Pipeline Operations and Integrity Management (BPPOIM) took place October 21-23 at the Convention & Exhibition Center in Bahrain, and was held under the patronage of his Excellency Shaikh Ahmed Bin Mohamed Al Khalifa, Minister of Finance, Minister in Charge of Oil and Gas Affairs, Chairman of National Oil & Gas Authority, Kingdom of Bahrain.
The conference was an opportunity to gather and share knowledge addressing topics that discussed new technologies and solutions related to critical issues in the pipeline industry. ROSEN took part in these discussions and presented successfully five papers, that addressed and focused on the following topics:
- flexible data acquisition for pipeline monitoring based on cleaning pig applications
- risk and integrity management centralized approach- supporting daily decision making activities
- different methodologies to inspect "non-scrapable" pipelines
- external inspection tools for inaccessible areas and pipe supports
- ILI crack inspection using ultrasound technology (UTCD)
Conference delegates and exhibition visitors included:
- senior executives from national oil companies
- senior pipeline design engineers
- senior pipeline operations personnel
- engineering consultants
- procurement staff
- specifying engineers
- senior management from construction contractors
- integrity specialists
- regional and international guests
The successful accomplishment of the event based on the feedback received from those who visited the ROSEN booth and attended the BPPOIM conference sessions has encouraged us to continue participating for the coming years.