- Flexible usability for different inspection machines
- Different inspection technologies available, also multi-technology applications
- Modular extensibility of the system without essential limitations
- Standard interfaces for industrial environment
- Passive cooling concept
- RT-Linux operation system
- Prepared for Industry 4.0
With ROMIS, ROSEN has developed an innovative and modular electronics approach that meets all these requirements. Well-proven electronics combined with a ruggedized design unleashes best data quality. Its outstanding versatility makes ROMIS suitable for a wide variety of different testing applications. Employing basic inspection electronics, multiple frontend modules, and a high-performance backend module, the concept supports different types of inspection technologies:
- Conventional and phased-array Ultrasonic Testing (UT),
- Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer (EMAT),
- Micro-magnetic methods,
- Eddy Current (EC) and
- Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL).
The same modular principal is applied to the complementary operating and evaluation software. Starting with basic functionalities, necessary software modules can easily be added and configured to realize the needs required for a specific application.