For the past five years, KTN AS and the ROSEN Group have been working together to provide in-line inspection services for challenging pipelines. This strategic alliance further extends ROSEN’s technology and capabilities portfolio and hereby increases the possibilities for customized solutions for challenging pipeline diagnostics. The decision to offer solutions under one brand was made to ensure operators are best supported in customizing solutions for their pipelines. No personnel changes will be made and services will continue to be provided by trusted experts.
The additions to the portfolio include mainly self-propelled tethered inspection units utilizing UT and TOFD technologies as well as additional resources for feasibility studies. The tethered in-line inspection method enables the collection of high-quality data on pipeline integrity status based on the following unique features:
- Crawler module that can be remotely controlled in both forward and backward motion as well as speed adjustments.
- Precise high-resolution geometry, wall thickness / corrosion and crack measurement with reliable pulse- echo UT technology.
- TOFD measurement module scans girth welds, longitudinal welds for anomalies such as cracks and sizes them quantitatively.
- Live tether, which provides unlimited power supply and transmits real-time data back to the system operator.
- Fail-safe contingency plan provided by the tether’s ability to return the tool to the launch-site if needed.
In addition to creating completely customized solutions, services added to the ROSEN portfolio include:
- Ultrasonic geometry inspection (diameter variation, dents, ovalities)
- Ultrasonic corrosion /wall thickness inspection (vertical beam, pulse-echo)
- Ultrasonic axial and circumferential crack inspection (angular beam, pulse-echo, shear wave and TOFD)
- Eddy current technologies for corrosion and coating
- Visual inspection with CCTV camera (in visible products)
- XYZ mapping services