Stans, Switzerland, January 2022 – As of 1 January 2022, KTN AS becomes a full member of the ROSEN Group to provide its portfolio of services under the ROSEN brand.
For the past five years, KTN AS and the ROSEN Group have been working together, to provide in-line inspection services for challenging pipelines. This strategic alliance further extends ROSEN’s technology and capabilities portfolio and hereby increases the possibilities for customized solutions for challenging pipeline diagnostics. KTN AS offers an ideal opportunity for the ROSEN Group to broaden their offering; it allows the group to leverage their strength in the market and accelerate time to market goals by accomplishing its goal of adding an additional service pillar. KTN AS, much like the ROSEN Group, has always internalized the concept of ‘empowered by technology’ and is therefore a great match. KTN AS is a leading provider of proprietary, technology-enabled in-line inspection, particularly in the ‘unpiggable’ market segment. The decision to offer solutions under one brand was made to ensure operators are best supported in customizing solutions for their pipelines. No personnel changes will be made and services will continue to be provided by trusted experts.
The additions to the portfolio include mainly self-propelled tethered inspection units utilizing UT and TOFD technologies as well as additional resources for feasibility studies. The tethered in-line inspection method enables the collection of high-quality data on pipeline integrity status based on the following unique features:
- Propulsion units that can be remotely controlled in both forward and backward motion as well as speed adjustments.
- Precise high-resolution geometry, wall thickness / corrosion and crack measurement with reliable pulse-echo UT technology.
- TOFD measurement module scans girth welds, longitudinal welds for anomalies such as cracks and sizes them quantitatively.
- Live tether, which provides unlimited power supply and transmits real-time data back to the system operator.
- Fail-safe contingency plan provided by the tether’s ability to return the tool to the launch-site if needed.
In addition to creating completely customized solutions, services added to the ROSEN portfolio include:
- Ultrasonic geometry inspection (diameter variation, dents, ovalities)
- Ultrasonic corrosion / wall thickness inspection (normal beam, pulse-echo)
- Ultrasonic axial and circumferential crack inspection (angular beam, pulse-echo, shear wave and TOFD)
- Eddy current technologies for corrosion and coating
- Visual inspection with CCTV camera (in visible products)
- XYZ mapping services
About the ROSEN Group
The ROSEN Group is a globally leading provider of cutting-edge solutions in all areas of the integrity process chain. Since its origins as a one-man business in 1981, ROSEN has rapidly grown and continues to do so. Today, the business is still privately owned and consists of a team of more than 4,000 employees operating in more than 120 countries.
ROSEN’s products and services:
- Inspection of critical industrial assets to ensure reliable operations of the highest standards and effectiveness
- Customized engineering consultancy providing efficient asset integrity management
- Production and supply of customized novel systems and products
- Market-driven, topical, state-of-the-art research and development providing “added-value” products and services
For more information about our tethered solution, go to https://tethered.rosen-group.com.
For more information about the ROSEN Group, go to: www.rosen-group.com.