- Accurate recording of operational data
- Robust stainless-steel housing
- Functions in all media
- Maximum pressure of 200 bar (up to 300 bar on request)
- Standard operating temperatures from -20°C/-4°F to 75°C/167°F
- Versions to suit 4” to 64” tools
- Fast and accurate hi-resolution data storage
- Battery life of 110 to 1,600 hrs
- Low-power standby mode (pressure switch)
- ATEX-compliant version available
- Optional reporting services performed by ROSEN
ROSEN’s Pipeline Data Loggers (PDL4, PDL14 and ATEX PDL) are designed to collect and store operational data during a pipeline inspection. They provide operators with detailed time-dependent data, such as temperature of the medium, pressure conditions in the pipeline, differential pressure and accelerations.
The PDL is designed as a stand-alone unit, which can be added to any pipeline cleaning or inspection tool from 4” to 64”. All versions comprise angular rotation sensors, allowing indication of bends including bend angle (velocity-dependent). The user-friendly software makes it easy to configure and read out the stored data. All data can be analyzed based on various criteria and visualized with ROSEN software.
By analyzing the data, it is possible to use recorded temperature profiles for flow assurance modelling and to detect and locate restrictions and deposits, monitor tool behavior, assess cleaning progress and effectiveness, and verify pipeline conditions.
DATA ACQUISITION and REPORTING – FULL SERVICE
The supplied software allows tiled displays of the selected measurement channels. It is an intelligent platform designed to select and synchronize time frames of particular interest. ROSEN offers a full-service option that includes data acquisition and reporting of your survey results.
Technologies and Know-How
The PDL can be attached to any standard cleaning tool and employs fast-response, low-current sensors that can record for more than 80 days and up to 1,600 km (1,000 mi) of inspection. Data is presented in an easy-to-understand graphical format using the supplied software.