Understanding the risks that an operators pipelines are facing is crucial to investigate inspection and maintenance strategies and to provide senior management with supporting information to implement a cost-effective maintenance and rehabilitation program.
The Risk Assessment module enables an operator to identify the active threats on a pipeline, determine consequences of failure, compare and prioritize the level of risk across pipelines and assess the impact of various mitigation measures.
The main purpose of the module is:
- Identifying possible active degradation mechanisms / threats to pipeline networks
- Evaluation of qualitative and quantitative risk metrics for various threats and consequences to facilitate compliance with regulations and industry standards
- Guiding the operator through verification procedures and mitigation strategies to gather more information on specific risks and ultimately to minimize the probability of such threats becoming active
The Risk Assessment module offers:
- Ability to define and apply multiple Risk Models
- Ability to segment all parameters and perform dynamic segmentation (threat type level)
- Ability to integrate with other ROAIMS modules and to utilize integrated and calculated data for risk equations
- Direct connection with Enterprise Pipeline GIS and utilization of spatial and linearly referenced records in risk equations
- Probability of Failure (Susceptibility & Severity) Analysis
- Consequence of Failure Analysis
- Risk Assessment and root cause analysis in Risk Matrix and Event Tree environment
- Sensitivity / What-if Analysis by comparison of assessments utilizing different input data and/or adjusted models
- Risk Model Design Interface for direct adjustments of existing models and definition of new models
- Customizable risk matrix ranks individual pipeline segments
- Custom documents include results and charts of the risk exercise.
- Analysis based on a corporate risk matrix chart (ALARP principle)
- Incorporation of ILI data into risk assessment facilitating feature assessment ‘hot spot’ segmentation For pipeline sections with limited data availability, this Risk Model will provide results allowing the user to create Risk.
- Visualization of the risk assessment outcome in context with other information using standardized color coding for the segmentation parameters and the outcome of the threat, consequence and risk analysis.
- Information availability in aligned bands as well as along the pipeline route in a geospatial environment (GIS).
- Display data on geographical environment (GIS). This includes Risk Assessment Results, inspection data (e.g. from ILI runs) and other geo-referenced pipeline data (e.g. pipeline trajectory, location of installations).