- Accurate measurement of steel strength (yield and tensile strength)
- Optimization of the pipeline's operating pressure
- Maximization of efficiency by avoiding unnecessary excavations
- Each joint is characterized, extending the asset's life cycle
- Lifetime integrity management, supported by full recording of the inspection raw data
- High quality service following certified processes (API 1163), personnel qualification (ASNT) and equipment (CE, ATEX)
- High availability and a wide range of proven tool configurations addressing individual operational pipeline requirements
At PPIM 2019 in Houston our RoMat PGS-Service was presented by ROSEN’s global Business Line Manager Michael Rapp.
You did not visit PPIM and/or would like to know more about our RoMat PGS service?
The webinar will discuss the recent change in regulations and present how the RoMat PGS service addresses pipeline material verification as it pertains to robust integrity management and how it helps you to generate the required traceable, verifiable and complete pipeline data sets.
By means of a single in-line inspection, the RoMat PGS in-line high-resolution service provides unique information along the entire pipeline, thus ensuring traceable, verifiable, complete, and reliable pipe records. ROSEN’s innovative in-line inspection service for material strength categorization provides measurement of strength properties and accurate determination of pipe grade for every single pipe within the examined pipe section.
After the high-resolution RoMat PGS in-line service for pipes received the American Society of Mechanical Engineers’ Global Pipeline Award in 2015, it was also patented.
This service provides a sequential "pipeline DNA" breakup, delivering populations based on diameter, wall thickness, strength and pipe length. It also significantly reduces costs associated with obtaining missing pipeline design and record requirements. A significant benefit of the RoMat PGS service is that it can be applied as part of a standard MFL-based ILI, avoiding the need for additional inspection runs. When neccessary, the data on pipe properties can already be collected during a previously-scheduled inspection, and evaluation can be deferred to a later date.
The data on pipe properties can already be collected during a previously-scheduled inspection, and evaluated at a later date only when needed or when budget allows.
THE SERVICE PROVIDES
- Creation of populations based on diameter, wall strength and pipe length
- Determination of yield strength and ultimate tensile stress enabling the determination of pipe grade
- Pipeline DNA analysis by using multiple data sets
- Extended field verifications supporting regulations on request
- Engineering judgements assess findings of pipe grade determination
- Verification to given SMYS, yield strength and tensile strength provided by records
- Completing of SMYS, strength gaps in line segments
All aspects from the inspection request to the final report are covered with the flexibility to choose from various service options.
- Cleaning – operational and pre inspection
- Speed Control – inspection at high flow rates
- XYZ – route mapping and strain assessment
- Multi-Diameter – pipelines with varying diameter
- Offshore – long distance and high pressure
- Post ILI – data alignment and combined evaluation
- Integrity – RBI, FFP, CGA
- NIMA - versatile cloud-based integrity software
- Defuring data analysis to match your budget cycle.
- 6"–56" tool sizes
- Gaseous or liquid pipeline products
- Product temperature range between 0°C–65°C (32°F–149°F)
- Maximum operating pressure of 15 MPa (2175 psi)
- Operating speed up to 2.5 m/s (5.59mph)
- Product ﬂow range up to 8 m/s (17.9 mph)
- Minimum pipeline bend radius of 1.5D
- Maximum operating time of 300 hours
- Maximum inspection length of 600 km (375 miles)