- Highest sensitivity allows early detection of small features at a 10% metal loss threshold
- Automatic defect sizing through signal based analysis delivers faster results versus manual verifications. This detection model is more accurate than UT validation in the tank, and is inclusive automated Internal External discrimination
- Equipped with 360° steering, the TBIT Ultra inspects annular plates, sketch plates and areas close to the plate welds to maximize coverage of the tank bottom
- Fast reporting time with less out of service hours
- Reduction of hours in confined spaces
- Instant access to integrity relevant data and clear recommendations on mitigation and repair
- Coating removal is not required for bottom inspection and verification of inspection results (for coatings 0.24 inches / 6mm)
- Suitable for use in restricted areas, under piping, heating coils, close to plate welds, close to shell and annular plates (up to .63 inches / 16mm). A single unit can inspect up to 328 ft2 / 100 m2 of tank bottom per hour
- A reliable and effective means of managing your storage tank integrity, exceeding inspection compliance requirements in the EEMUA159 and API653 codes
- ROSOFT for Tanks data management and planning software
- User can define required repair patches and easily manipulate their placement and location using drag-and-drop functionality, and create multiple repair scenarios & strategies
- Display of estimated weld length and patch area
- Continuous updating of anomaly statistics during “virtual repair” process
Detection & Diagnosis
Early detection of the presence or absence of any small defect indications in tank bottoms enables operators to obtain more precise corrosion-rate determinations. Precise data allows for extended inspection intervals by repairing smaller defects. Reliable detection and prompt assessment of features of time-dependent damage mechanisms including corrosion, is essential for confidence in inspection findings, and the determination of the next inspection date (NID).
The TBIT Ultra service optimizes your storage tank inspection program through sensitive detection and diagnosis. Our significantly enhanced sensor resolution is capable of accurately sizing the smallest metal loss defects, such as pinholes or microbiologically induced corrosion, down to 0.04 inches (1mm) in diameter. Early detection and reliable identification reduce the costs of ownership and extend the inspection interval.
Prescription & Prognosis
When tank bottom corrosion has reliable diagnoses, a prescriptive management plan that considers both the present and the future is required to keep assets reliable and compliant. “ROSOFT for Tanks” is a versatile data management and planning system that visualizes all inspection findings. Our software enables quick & easy development of repair scenarios, and corresponding Bills of Material, supporting an effective maintenance strategy.
From inspection and evaluation, to integrity assessment, lifetime care and integrity management for storage tanks extends the maximum allowable inspection intervals up to 20-25 years. Our integrity team provides a short-term prescription and long-term prognosis to help optimize expenditure by providing sound advice on mitigation, repair, and future needs.
Book a Demo Now
You want to know more about our TBIT Ultra service and what it is capable of? Let us know and we will reach out to for a demo or discussion.
Weekly Podcast Series
Each podcast will be available here for download on the release date listed below.
#1 Inspection: Misconceptions, Expectations and Assurances
Release Date: September 15
Hosts: Juergen Woelke (Learning Consultant and Process Professional, ROSEN Group), Veronica Dominguez (Senior Integrity Engineer, ROSEN Group).
The customer has the right to know what they are going to buy and what to expect from an inspection. In this podcast, we discuss the difference between the technical specifications and the tool sensitivity. We explain the significance of the accuracy ranges and how we ensure that we meet technical specifications in the field.
#2 Inspecting the Uninspected
Release Date: September 22
Host: Ryan Gane (Head of Business Line - NDT Diagnostics, ROSEN USA)
There are many operational constraints when it comes to a tank bottom inspection: thick coatings, low roof access, heating coils and internal piping – to name a few. In this podcast, we discuss the remedies TBIT Ultra offers in overcoming these challenges, allowing operators to decrease the critical path and the total cost of ownership.
#3 Detection and Diagnosis: Automatic Detection and Sizing
Release Date: September 29
Hosts: Muhammad Rudaini Ahmad Zaki (Technical Solution Specialist, ROSEN Asia Pacific), Juergen Woelke (Learning Consultant and Process Professional, ROSEN Group)
For tank owners, minimizing downtime is a very critical factor. With current climate where oil prices are low and demand for oil is reduced, storage volume is at its premium and tank providers strive to maximize their tank usage. In this podcast, we will discuss how ROSEN’s TBIT Ultra expedites the inspection turnaround by providing a high-speed inspection with high accuracy and automatic detection and sizing.
#4 Prescription and Prognosis: Inspection Intervals and Repair Strategies
Release Date: October 6
Host: Ryan Gane (Head of Business Line - NDT Diagnostics, ROSEN USA)
In this podcast, we discuss what ROSEN can do to help tank owners and operators save money when using the TBIT Ultra service, in regards to the inspection intervals and the repair strategy. We talk about ROSOFT, a ROSEN-provided software that allows operators to plan and make decisions regarding tank integrity and maintenance activities in a thorough and comprehensive manner.
#5 Prescription and Prognosis: Value in Your RBI
Release Date: October 13
Hosts: Veronica Andrea Dominguez (Senior Engineer, ROSEN Group), Omar Dario Mendoza Gonzales (Software Product Manager, ROSEN R&D Center, Colombia)
Data gathering and integration is frequently the most time consuming task in mechanical integrity assessment processes. Follow up of inspection/repair programs and assuring an up to date history record is essential for successful risk management and timely decision-making. In this podcast, we discuss data organization and integration through the asset data warehouse and how we put efficiently this data in action with RBI assessment for optimum inspection planning.
#6 Detection and Diagnosis: MIC
Release Date: October 20
Hosts: Ian Laing (Principal Engineer, ROSEN Group), Richard Elsdon (Senior Engineer, ROSEN Group)
In this podcast, we refresh the audience’s knowledge on the subject of Microbial Influenced Corrosion (MIC) and the importance of this particular corrosion mechanism to the integrity of storage tanks. We discuss the causal factors that lead to the manifestation of MIC and some corrosion management actions used in its control. We describe how the TBIT Ultra service diagnoses MIC and determines accurate information to support the RBI process discussed in the TBIT Ultra Podcast - Episode 5.
Please note that the specifications mentioned on this page only apply if certain conditions are in place. For details please refer to the Performance Qualification Report "ROSEN TBIT Ultra Validation test Version 1.0", which is an integral part of this specification. No other party than ROSEN shall be entitled to copy, alter or modify this specification or to use it for own or other purposes or disclose it on to third parties without the prior written consent of ROSEN.